Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Should I take my finger nail off or keep it on?

Today I got acrylic nails put on; I ended up hitting my pinky finger on something and now almost the entire nail, including my own nail, is coming off. I have a band aid on it now, but I don't know if I should keep the nail on and see if it grows back/falls off or just take it completely off.Should I take my finger nail off or keep it on?
I am a nail tech and have seen this before. Wrap your finger tip in gause (sp?) or a large band aid for a day or two. When it isnt so sore, clip back the artificial nail so it cant get caught on anything and put a bandaide around the nail holding it down so it wont catch on anything. Slowly keep clipping it back until it isnt getting caught on things.





Dont bother trying to take the nail off. Keep it short and let it heal on its own. Clip the nail back as it gets out where it could snag on something. Just do this as it grows out. It will be okay. u can keep the artificial nails on on the other nails and leave this one to heal.


Good luckShould I take my finger nail off or keep it on?
Finger nails usually grow back in a couple of weeks. Ive lost a few due to crushing my finger or hitting it with a hammer or something similar. I kept the old nail even though it turned purple and brown and was obviously dead as protection for the new nail. but eventually it fell off by itself and there was a new nail underneath.
ouch!!





you should let it try to let your actual finger nail heal before you do anything. then, if it doesn't heal for a while, you may need to see a doctor:/
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment