Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have acrylics on and I hit my thumb and it pulled up my real nail. How do I take care of it?

I was at work, cleaning the pie case and my thumb nail got stuck in a vent and pulled it half way up. I'm not sure if I should take off the fake nail or just let it grow out. And what should I put on it? The nail is still there just not attached.I have acrylics on and I hit my thumb and it pulled up my real nail. How do I take care of it?
You may want to contact your manicurist -- she may have had this happen before and she'll know what to do. It may be that you need to treat this differently since there is an acrylic involved, however, one time I did get my thumb caught in the edge of my robe when I was sitting down and the robe twisted and my nail was pulled up, about half way down and half way across. So, I could not really lift it off but knew I'd catch it on something and may pull it off. The thought made me cringe. Anyhow, my doctor had me put Neosporin under the nail as best I could, then cover every thing with a band-aid -- to protect the nail and to protect the remain ';hooked'; on part from being pulled off.





By the way, I was surprised at how fast everything grew out. It was about 3 weeks, but I was figuring on maybe 3 or 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment