Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I get a splinter out of my finger if it is under the finger nail?

I was picking something up off the deck and got a splinter stuck under my finger nail. I tried to pull it out with tweezers, but it broke off under the nail. Will it work it's way out on it's own? Should I go to the Dr. for a splinter?How do I get a splinter out of my finger if it is under the finger nail?
I bet that hurts a lot! If you can't reach it with tweezers anymore you could try soaking it in a solution of epsom salts and water. Don't be afraid to use too much salt in the mix, it will help to draw it out. It's still likely to take a few days to fester out on it's own. Depending on how deep it is, the doc could maybe trim the nail away to reach the splinter, but it would be really painful afterwards. So if you can live with the pain you have now it's best to soak it and wait for it to fester out on it's own. Have you had a tetanus shot within the last 10 years? If not, you should get one.How do I get a splinter out of my finger if it is under the finger nail?
i've had that happen before. hurts.


yea it will grow out along with your fingernail.


nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment