Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dog broke nail right at top where it comes out of the skin?

It has not bleed at the break site, but it is a splintered break and is painful. Will a new nail grow or should I have it completely removed???Dog broke nail right at top where it comes out of the skin?
Take the dog to the vet and have it fixed. My dog did this a couple of years ago and they had to put her under and pull it out. A new nail grew back. They also cut down all the other nails really short to where they bled and used clotting powder to stop the bleeding. She was completely under so none of this was painful for her.Dog broke nail right at top where it comes out of the skin?
If the dog will allow you to-attempt to file down the splintered part as much as possible so it doesn't tear more. It will probably start bleed but you can put some Quick stop or Baking Soda Powder to stop the bleeding. If he will let you cut it straight better yet it may bleed but he'll lick it till it stops. My Jack just tore her completely off down to the pad, I'm not sure if that will grow back, but it stopped bothering her in about 3 days. Good luck
Ouch! My dog ripped her nail out at the skin and it did bleed. I took her to the vet and he gave me some antibiotics for her so it wouldn't get infected and some cream to put on it. He also told me to cover it when she was outside so no dirt would get into it. If the nail is hanging there you might want to have the vet look at it to see if it should be removed. They are very painful until they grow back in (in a few months).
Take her to the vet. Animals nails are extremely sensitive and your dog must be in agony. I wouldn't try cutting it off on my own cuz that might make it worse.
May need medical adhesive to seal it from infection -- see a vet.
ouchh.


it should grow.


is it your nail or your dogs? lol
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment