Thursday, August 5, 2010

Is it ok to immediately put nail polish on my nails after removing my acrylic nails?

I just removed my acrylic nails yesterday and they are soft, brittle and really ugly. Should I just wait a while until my nails get stronger or can I paint them already?Is it ok to immediately put nail polish on my nails after removing my acrylic nails?
Your nails have been traumatized, thinned-out,dried, and basically 'put through the ringer'...let them breath for a few days(5-7)..the only thing I would put on them is some vaseline (petroleum jelly) to give them some sort of moisturizing-rub it in well 2-3x a day...Then get a conditioner AND a nail hardener...and then yes, a color. It will take about 4-8 months beofre your nails are back to their old selves again, too.Is it ok to immediately put nail polish on my nails after removing my acrylic nails?
It is okay to do it but I would not recommend it. I have always had acrylic nails - at least for eight years on and off. I would say that you should let them air out for a week or so. Go to the store and buy a clear nail polish that is designed to strengthin your nails.This will allow them to heal quicker then you will be be fine with nail polish.
If you must paint them, look for a nail polish that is calcium/iron fortified. so at the same time as looking good, you are helping them 'recuperate/recover' instead of weakening them more/preventing them from recovering quickly.That's what I do and my nails are great.
  • bad makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment