Thursday, August 5, 2010

Is it ever ok to face nail siding?

I am right in the middle of getting new siding. They guys are face nailling the top row under the soffits. I did ask them about it and they told me that they had to to it that way...I know very little about siding outher than what I found online. So before I call the superviror I want to know something! Please HELP ASAP.Is it ever ok to face nail siding?
I am sure the siding guys have a guarantee, so if it is wrong, have them to fix it. Try talking to a neighbor that has the same siding, or look at theirs to see if yours looks the same way. This may be advice after the fact, but at least they have probably finished and you can tell overall how the job looks. You could even hire a home inspector if you are not sure.


...jjIs it ever ok to face nail siding?
We need more info. What kind of siding is going up?
Obviously the top run will need to have some face nailing done and will be covered by trim so don't fret about it.
the last piece under the soffit should be attached by using a trim piece called undersill trim and a tool that creates a raised dimple that causes the siding to lock in place but still allowed to enpand and contract due to weather temps.
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment